Saturday 20 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey ~ Hairy Maclary

“Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy...

Happily strolling down the road towards a beautiful bushwalk with an amazing waterfall on a fabulous Westcoast, sun shiney day, went Hairy Maclary from Donaldsons dairy. When all of a sudden, he appeared to have an extremely mischievious look on his face, hmmm, what trouble can I get myself into today?! He thought.
Woof, Woof, Woooof!! went Hairy Maclary trying to find his even more mischievious friends!!

Out of the bushes came...
Hercules Morse all covered in gorse,
Muffin McLay with quite a sway,
Bottomley Potts walked out doing squats - Haha,
Schnitzel Von Krumm eating a plum, mmm, mmm,
Bitzer Malony looked awfully lonely!
Scarface Claw was having an almighty roar, RRRROOOOAAAAR.

All my best doggie friends and Scarface of course! Had been up to know good all right and they stunk so bad, and they were so dirty!! "Man, you guy's are going to get into trouble with your owners!!"

"Look at the state of you all!". "Well, we can't look as groomed as you Hairy Maclary! We've had to much fun chasing bunnie rabbits through the bush, swimming under the waterfull and then rolling in the mud!"

"Just because I'm well groomed doesn't mean I can't myself into trouble too!"

They all started walking back down the road towards there own home.
"Hairy Maclary! Where do you thing your going?" Said my doggie friends and Scarface Claw.

"Watch this!" Hairy Maclary jumped his neighbours fence and stole the owners meat off there bench and took as fast as he could to his own house and hid in his kennel until the meat was finished!!

Hairy Maclary was satisfied with himself, that will show my friends, he thought. I can be just as naughty and mischievious as they all are.

After a very adventurous outing, my furry friends and I were back at home with our wonderfull owners.

Hercules Morse was full of remorse,
Bottomley Potts was back with his spots,
Muffin Mclay had a great day,
Schnitzel Von Krum had a very sore tum
Scarface Claw was asleep in a draw!

I wonder what tomorrows outing is going to bring?......

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Katelynn,

    Its Jacob from Totara.

    I like your story because it sounds a bit like me I'm quite mischievous LOL. How mischievous are you?

    Bye see you at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katelynn!

    This is a really great story - It was very entertaining to read from start to finish!

    I like that it was set on the west coast too.
    I agree with Jacob - It sounds a little bit like the kind of mischief you might see kids doing in the holidays!....I know I was always up to a bit of mischief with my siblings and cousins in the school break :)
    Have you been doing the same?

    I also like that you have kept the original characters - was it tricky coming up with the rhymes? They were really impressive!
    Did you read many Hairy Mclary books when you were younger?
    I quite like Hercules Morse I think...I like big dogs! What about you?

    This is really fantastic work Katelynn, you have put in a lot of thought and effort into your story which is amazing - you should feel really proud of your writing!

    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.