Friday 11 September 2015

WINTER WONDER LAND



WALT: Add detail to my writing


SC: Include at least 5 icons from the ‘Adding Detail’ chart.
SC: Include at least two similes or metapores


  • You are the character in the picture. Write a list of descriptive words you might use in your description before you start

  • Remember to put you writing into paragraphs.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..


As bright as the sun
As tall  as  a giraffe's  leg
As cold as cold as an iceberg
The trees are leaning over because of the snow
I can hear  the ice crunching like a crunchy bar
The snow is very bright because of the awesome bright sun


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. I
As I walk down this long path I can see lots of snow making the trees bend over like a bamboo tree  with panda on them .I can hear the ice crunching like a crunchy bar as I walk down the cold path. I can smell the  fresh ice going in and down my cold throat .I can feel the snow against my cold very cold boots .I can taste the snowflakes falling out of the sky they are very cold!.All I can think about is the snow because it is glittering in the sun like a sparkly sea waterfall .Up ahead I can see my friend alexa she says “do you want to have a snow fight” I say “yes” as soon as aI through the snowball I fall and face plant when I get up Alexa is no where to be seen I yell “Alexa “ but there’s no answer I yell it again but I can only here a little voice my hearts going cold where is she I run up to the end of the path and I can see her she is standing next to a sparkly waterfall I yell “can I join” she says “yes” so I do. When I stand near the waterfall it looks like diamonds . Then I say “I have got to go” she asked “why”?  because I’m late for dinner I just got a text from my brother Max “ oh ok by by my friend “ “ by “ I say  sadly .As I walk back  I almost cry because I didn’t actually  get a text from my brother  I was trying to get home because i was freezing  COLD and I had forgot my jacket along the path. As  I walk home I can see a my jersey just sitting on a tall tree. with heaps of snow on it .When I get home I have a a hot chocolate with marshmallows and hot chips it was very Yummy.

                                           By katelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.