Thursday 11 April 2019

ANZAC Poem

ANZAC Poem
Today in class we have been working on poems because tomorrow we are walking to the Cenotaph and to the gates at Dixon Park. Firstly we had to make a diamante poem and check it with Miss Power and then we got to make another poem, we had the choice of 2 a colour poem or the poem I have made. (I'm not sure what the poem I have made is called). I had a lot of fun coming up with this poem. The hardest bit was finding a word that rhymed with afraid. Would you like to make a poem like this? I would definitely do this again.

Lest we forget
Katelynn

The war has just begun,
My time is almost done,
I hear gunshots in my head,
Makes me want to go to bed,

Nothing will be the same,
I have been sent to try and tame,
I am alone and very afraid,
But my resolve will not fade,           

I will fight for the freedom of others,
These men will become my brothers,
There are birds in the skys,
Very, Very, High,

The trenches are oh so very deep,
It makes me want to weep,
My family is at home,
As I walk this track alone,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.