Tuesday 15 May 2018

Descriptive Writing ~ Week 3

Descriptive Writing

Displaying


The gradient coloured sky gives me the sense of fluffy pink candy floss on a stick illuminating my wallet to pay for more than 1. The smell of freshly cooked buttery popcorn makes my nose twitch like a rabbit digging a hole. I can feel the ground moving beneath my feet after I have been a ride that spins around at full speed. The smell of the sea salt is drowning out the sounds of children's laughter. As I get closer to the merry go round all the different coloured lights begin to explode with brightness encouraging me to take a seat on the exciting ride, whilst I’m on the ride I can see the rainbow like sky moving into the darkness making my surroundings turn into silhouettes. The smell of hot chips and red runny tomato sauce is making my mouth water. The sound of children's laughter is beginning to get louder and louder because of the rattling sound of the music. Hours later I have bought a creamy scoop of sensational hokey pokey ice cream that has been making my mouth water. I can now feel the night chills tingling up my spine but more crowds of adults seem to be turning up ready to PARTY!  It's been a wonderful day full of exciting activities at the festival today!

WALT ~ Write a descriptive piece of writing about an image...

This week our image was a picture of a festival. We had to do our best to describe the image. We had to use as much descriptive language as we could! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.