Friday 22 November 2019

Day Out

Day Out 2019

A few weeks ago I got told that I got picked for the Year 8 girl to go to a day out with other year 8 students from around the Grey District. Levi and I got picked as the 2 from Grey Main. |

We started the day with a visit to the Grey Mouth Polytech for breakfast, we had Ambrosia, sandwich, fruit and a cupcake. It was sooooo good! We also got a tour of the kitchen and garden. Then we got into 2 groups and went in vans and drove to Search and Rescue, where we got a tour of the helicopter and split into teams and did a challenge. They couldn't pick a winner so we all won! Then we went to the fire station and got tour of the inside and 2 trucks, got to set out a small fire and then my favourite activity climbing a 3 story building. It was so much fun, the view was amazing. Then we got pizza for lunch along with fizzy/water. We were even aloud to take back to school/home a pizza if there were left overs!

Overall I had a really good day! I am so grateful that I got picked to do these awesome activities.
Did you get picked from your school?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katelynn. I'm Mikael from yaldhurst school. I really like how you have explained what you did. It sound really fun. I don't even think my school did anything like that. But if we did I wish I was there. Next time I think you should try to put some photos on you blog about it. But Apart from that I think it is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katelynn ,
    I know you must've had a lot of fun ,
    I didn't hear about any of this until I read your writing.
    It would be even better if you used paragraphs for each idea to be more easier to read.
    Also the spelling errors , to be more understandable.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.