Friday 1 November 2019

Halloween Writing

Over the last week we have been working on spooky writing, since Halloween was this week. I had a lot of fun writing spooky stories, and would like to do it again. 

THE NIGHT OF HORROR
Freezing, I walk up the stairs of an old battered house. Knock, Knock, Knock… screech… The door opens. I take one step inside… BOOM the door slams behind me. I tug on the door handle but it won’t open, it’s jammed. 


The light flickers on, I see a silhouette at the end of the hallway. CRASH, the light falls from the ceiling and smashes right in front of me. The silhouette has disappeared into the shadows. 


I take a few steps forward towards the spiral staircase. There is a big gust of wind, pieces of paint peeling off the walls. SHATTER. The sound of a window shattering is enough to make me jump. The shadow races up the staircase leaving not a trail behind. I take off up the stairs... they start to crumble under my feet. I jump off just as the stairs crumble down next to me. I hear a laugh in the distance, I look up and see eyes staring directly at me. 

Coughing from all the dust surrounding me, I get up and run as fast as I can to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind me. Footsteps following my every move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.