Friday 27 May 2016

Reflection W4

Numeracy
I learnt how to solve change unknown problems in Hokey Pokey maths group. I think it is quite easy because all you need to do is jump to your tidy numbers and then add them together and that is your number that you put in the middle of your question.



Reading- For reading this week I worked on my sentences starters with Mrs Costello and my group and I learnt that you can start sentences with anything. Here are my sentences.
  

  1. At 12:00, we are going out for lunch.
  2. The kids, were jumping on their beds.
  3. Quickly, the girls crossed the finished line.
  4. She ran.
  5. The turtle was as slow as a snail.
  6. The wiggle worm wiggled as she waited
  7. The girls raced across the finish line.
  8. My Dad likes motorbikes so we have got 7.
  9. The thunder was as grey as a rock.
  10. Swimming, she quickly finished her two lengths
  11. Tired, the girls fell over round the corner.
  12. Aimee balanced steadily on the beam.

Literacy- For literacy I have learnt how to write a Newspaper report and I also read it out at assembly. Here is my news report.


Charlotte's Web article
Late at night charlotte was spinning a web, but it wasn’t just any web it was a web with words. Soon everyone started coming to see what Charlotte had created but everyone thought it was Wilbur because they had not seen Charlotte yet.
Charlotte a spider with seven sections made a web with words in it and it said SOME PIG, Mr Zuckerman thought Wilbur had made it because he hadn’t known Charlotte had existed.
At Zuckerman’s big red barn in the outskirts of Greymouth. Where Charlotte lives with some other animals including Wilbur.
Because Wilbur wanted to have someone who admired him so Charlotte made a web saying SOME PIG and now Wilbur is famous so Mr Zuckerman demanded  Lurvy ( The farm helper) to make a crate and make it green with gold letters saying WILBER THE FAMOUS PIG so lurvy said “OK I will get to work”. Later that day Charlotte put another word actually asked another animal and one animal said “Terrific” so she added that word and Mr Homer Zuckerman thought it was AMAZING so he got Lurvy to contact the Newspaper reporter and now there is visitor from from all over the WORLD




  

2 comments:

  1. Katelynn you are putting fabulous detail into your reflections. Well done with your DLO's this week. I like the detail you have included in your Charlotte's web writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.